This is a new twist on my Paleo Protein Pancake, and for that matter a new twist on PB&J.
I’m always looking for new, creative breakfast ideas. It’s really important to add variety to your meals so your metabolism can stay on its toes. That being said, when you’re not eating grains, dairy, and sugar, it limits your breakfast options.
Enter my new PB&J pancake. Packed with protein this breakfast keeps me full for hours. It’s the perfect post-workout fuel to get my day going.
PB&J Protein Pancake
3 egg whites
1 scoop protein powder (I like Vital Proteins)
2 tbsp powdered peanut butter
2 tbsp almond milk
2 tbsp strawberry jam
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl
- In a non-stick pan spray a little coconut oil spray or a tspn of coconut oil
- Pour the pancake batter into the pan
- Cook for 5 minutes, until sides are golden brown and bubbling slightly
- Flip and cook for another 5 minutes
- Top as you please! I covered mine in extra strawberry jam!