That being said, somehow I always leave Thanksgiving dinner having to unbutton my pants. Finishing dinner completely unsatisfied, I end up going cuh-razy at the dessert table, making up for a lack in turkey with butter, flour and sugar.
Well that will be all different this year! Ok maybe not completely different. The turkey will probably still be dry and alas, I know my efforts to ban marshmallows from any dinner side dish will fail once again.
The HUGE difference this year will be my Paleo Pumpkin Donuts at the dessert table! Yummm. Instead of enduring an excruciating stomachache from excess gluten, sugar, and dairy, I will be able to enjoy these grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free and GUILT-FREE Pumpkin Donuts with a Coconut Glaze.
Paleo Pumpkin Donuts
For the Donuts:
1 ¾ cup almond flour
3 tbsp coconut flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
5 tbsp maple syrup
4 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
½ cup pumpkin puree
½ tsp vanilla
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
For the Glaze:
½ cup coconut butter, slightly melted
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly spray a donut pain or use coconut oil to coat
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl: almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: maple syrup, coconut oil, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet. Whisk together until combined
- Fill a Ziploc bag with donut batter and cut the top off one of the bottom corners. Use this as a piping bag and fill the donut pan ¾ of the way full
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then flip the donuts out and cool on a wire rack.
- While the donuts are cooling, whisk together the ingredients for the glaze: coconut butter, syrup and water
- Once donuts have cooled completely, dip the top into the glaze and swirl gently to evenly coat the donut. Return to the wire rack and top with sprinkles!