Because sometimes you just need a spoon full of cookie dough and don’t want to feel bad about it.
This vegan cookie dough is packed with protein and healthy fats. That’s because it’s made with chickpeas…yes chickpeas. Before you declare me clinically insane just think about it. Chickpeas are a very bland food- basically a blank canvas.
Sure, you’ve seen them most commonly blended with olive oil, garlic, etc. to create hummus, but WHAT IF you swapped out the savory blends for something a little sweeter? I blend chickpeas with raw honey and almond butter to create a creamy, sweet, dough-like consistency. Add any “toppings” you like. In this recipe I opted for dark chocolate but feel free to experiment! Oats, raisins and pecans are also great if you’re really craving an oatmeal raisin cookie. Let me know what variations you come up with!
Vegan Cookie Dough
1 can drained and rinsed chickpeas
2 tbsp Vanilla Almond Butter
¼ Cup Raw Honey or Maple Syrup
Pinch of Salt
½ dark chocolate bar chopped
- Once the chickpeas have been drained and rinsed thoroughly, put in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the almond butter, honey, and salt.
- Blend until fully combined. Should look like the consistency of hummus.
- Place the blended mixture in a bowl and add the chopped dark chocolate. Mix until just combine. *Make sure to mix the dark chocolate in with a spoon not the food processor. The blade will chop the dark chocolate too much in the food processor.
- Eat with a spoon or serve in a bowl as a dip for pretzels, graham crackers, etc.