Garlic & Rosemary Paleo Flatbread
I'm seriously obsessed with this recipe! I made it for the first time last week and have made it 4 times since! It's so versatile. Below is the recipe for the garlic and rosemary flatbread but I've also been using it as pizza crust. I even made a flatbread with peaches, tomato and pesto YUM!
1 Cup Tapioca Flour
1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1 Egg beaten
1 tsp Chopped Rosemary
2 tsp fresh garlic
olive oil and sea salt for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place a pizza stone, cast iron skillet or baking sheet in the oven while it preheats to heat up. This is the key to super crispy bread on the outside!
- In a small bowl combine coconut milk and coconut oil and heat for 45 seconds in the microwave. The mixture should be warm but not boiling
- Combine tapioca flour, coconut flour and salt in a large bowl
- Pour the coconut milk mixture on top
- Mix until throughly combined. Allow to sit for a couple of minutes to cool and for the coconut flour to absorb
- Add beaten egg and mix again until fully combined
- The mixture will be more like the consistency of cake batter than a dough- this is correct!
- Carefully cover the heated pan with parchment paper or spray with olive oil
- Pour the batter into the center and using a spatula, spread the mixture evenly until it is about 1/4 inch thick
- Sprinkle on rosemary and garlic
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Top with olive oil and salt