Let’s be real for a sec- strawberry jam is good on, well, basically everything! One minor problem. The strawberry jam found at your grocery store is most likely packed with sugar.
And why? Berries in season are so naturally sweet. It’s so unnecessary and crazy how many things contain sugar for absolutely no reason. But whatever, you do you store-bought strawberry jam, and I’ll do me.
I made this strawberry jam with no refined sugar and it’s just as delicious and sweet!
2 16 oz. cartons of strawberries
½ Juice of 1 lemon
- Slice the strawberries into quarters
- Combine the strawberries and lemon juice in a sauce pot
- Bring the strawberry mixture to a boil and reduce to simmer while stirring
- When berries are simmered and you can easily whisk through the strawberries (they have broken down) turn the stove off and let cool
- Once cool enough to handle transfer to a jar and store in the refrigerator