Ask and you shall receive. My friend was craving fried rice and asked me to come up with recipe…so I did.
This recipe is the EASIEST way to simplify and healthify takeout. It takes less time to make than it would to even place your order on Seamless and costs way less. Sounds pretty good to me!
Anything you’ve been trying to “healthify?” Post in the comments below and I’ll come up with a recipe!
Trader Joes Paleo Fried Rice
*Note- I made this recipe entirely with fresh and frozen ingredients that can be found at Trader Joes – it’s cheap and delicious. If they do not have riced cauliflower (it’s out of stock way too often because it’s so amazing), you can buy fresh or frozen cauliflower and place in the food processor until it is the consistency of rice. Add the fresh cauliflower rice to a pan with mushrooms and peas and continue recipe as usual.
¼ bag riced cauliflower or head of cauliflower pulsed in food processor
¼ cup frozen (or fresh) mushrooms
¼ cup frozen peas
3 eggs scrambled
2 scallions chopped
1 tbsp cilantro chopped
1 tbsp rice wine or umi plum vinegar
2 tbsp tamari or gluten free soy sauce
season with salt and pepper
- Pour the riced cauliflower, frozen mushrooms, and peas into a microwave safe bowl
- Microwave for 3 minutes. Stir and then microwave for 1 more minute
- While the vegetables are in the microwave, scramble 3 eggs in a nonstick pan
- When the vegetables are done, add the scrambled eggs and chopped scallions to the “rice”
- Pour in the sauce and stir to combine