Yeast can be tricky. I’ve messed up countless doughs, batters, etc. because the “warm” water was either too hot or too cold. It’s like Goldie Locks – the water has to be JUST RIGHT.
For those of you without a kitchen thermometer, or simply the patience for the perfect Goldie Locks water, I came up with a yeast-free pizza dough recipe.
Paleo Pizza Dough
1 cup Almond Meal
½ cup Potato Starch
½ cup Arrowroot Flour
2 ½ tbsp. olive oil
1/3 cup water
1 tsp salt
- Combine the flours and salt in a mixing bowl
- Add the egg, olive, oil and water to the flour mixture
- Mix with a spoon or your hands to combine into a dough
- Press the dough into and 8 inch circle
- Bake for 6 minutes
- Add toppings
- Return the pizza to the oven for a couple minutes