I was recently on vacation and after being introduced to a game called One Night Werewolf, became totally and utterly OBSESSED. Sounds weird but try it and then I guarantee, you’ll be an obsessed weirdo too.
Anyway, if you’re wondering why I’m telling you about my newfound obsession, it’s because I decided to host a game night. My motives were purely selfish, I needed to play again, I needed to get my fix!
Inviting people to game night is admittedly a little weird, so I figured what better way to lure them in than by offering food. So dinner and game night; it was settled.
In crafting my dinner party menu, I knew I wanted food that would permit no game interruptions. I needed food that we could pick up and eat with our hands. PIZZA. Perfect!
Paleo Pizza Dough (with yeast)
2 ½ tsp active dry yeast
¼ cup warm water
2 ½ tbsp. olive oil
1 cup almond flour
1 cup arrowroot flour
¾ cup coconut flour
½ tsp salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or mixing bowl (if using a handheld mixer), combine the yeast and warm water
- Whisk together for 3-5 minutes. Yeast will be foamy and bubble at the top.
- Add the olive oil and egg.
- Using the paddle attachment, mix on medium speed for 30 seconds
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours and salt
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the liquids and mix on low until ingredients are starting to combine. Turn the speed to medium high and beat for one minute, until dough starts to form
- Grease a medium bowl with olive oil and place the dough into the bowl
- Cover with seran wrap and let rest for 10-15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Roll the dough out in between two pieces of parchment paper
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for 6 minutes
- Remove the crust from the oven and add desired toppings
- Return to the oven and bake for another 2 minutes or until toppings are hot, melted, etc.