I love summer and usually when it ends I’m longing for more, holding onto my flip-flops for dear life. This year I actually feel ready for fall.
With my new blog and business in high gear, I am looking forward to spending these precious fall weekends brainstorming and perfecting recipes for you guys. I have a lot going on that I’m super excited about. Fall gives me the opportunity to slow down a little bit and smell the roses…or the pumpkins?
Tis the season for everything and anything pumpkin. These pumpkin bundt cakes are over the top fall and they’re delicious! They’re soft and moist, with just the right amount of pumpkin and spice. As always, they're also HEALTHY! Gluten and grain free, refined sugar free, and dairy free? Duh!
Go ahead- dig in, guilt-free and let's get fall off on the right foot!
Pumpkin Bundt Cakes
1 cup coconut sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp real vanilla extract
¼ cup melted coconut oil
1 ½ cups gluten-free flour mix
1 tspn salt
1 tspn baking soda
2 tspn baking powder
2 tspn pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Grease or spray a bundt pan. I used mini but you can also use a large bundt pan
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl- GF flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice
- With an electric mixer, blend the eggs until light and foamy
- Add the sugar, and wet ingredients (vanilla, pumpkin puree, unsweetened applesauce, coconut oil)
- Blend the batter until just combined. Do not over mix
- Spoon the batter into the bundt pan. Make sure to leave room at the top. The batter will rise!
- Bake for 20 minutes if using a mini bundt pan. Increase time to 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out dry, using a large bundt pan.