Recently I’ve been on a major Mediterranean kick; Mediterranean Orzo Salad, Tuna Salad and my new favorite- Mediterranean Turkey Burgers. I’m sure my boyfriend will get sick of it soon since I seem to be incorporating it into every meal- but until then, I’m sticking with it!
These flavors shout summer and I’m always looking for a light and easy meal in the hot summer months. As much as I love cooking, I don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen when its 95 degrees outside. This recipe is super fast and in no time you will have thrown together a delicious meal and can resume to posting up by the air conditioner.
Mediterranean Turkey Burgers
1 Package organic and cage free ground turkey
5 Sundried Tomatoes
¼ cup Kalamata Olives
2 Celery Stalks
½ tbsn Garlic Powder
1 tspn salt and pepper
- If using an outdoor- preheat the grill. I use a grill pan at home and spray with olive oil
- Chop the sundried tomatoes, olives, celery talks and scallions into small bite sized pieces
- Mix the chopped veg with the ground turkey
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper
- Mix to combine
- Form individual burgers in desired size.
- Grill (outside or on pan) for 4-6 minutes per side on medium high heat (time will vary on burger size)