Cookies can’t be healthy right?? Think again!
Eating well does not mean eliminating anything and everything “indulgent.” Instead, it’s about making a few simple and smart swaps in the ingredients so that our favorite treats also have some nutritious benefits.
Take these cookies for example. Chocolate chip cookies are traditionally made with butter, flour and refined sugar. Basically, they have no redeeming qualities. But who wants to give up cookies? No one.
In order to not give up cookies, (when there’s a will there’s a way right?) I created these Paleo Dark Chocolate Chip cookies. They are completely dairy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free. As if that wasn’t good enough, they are packed with protein and healthy fats.
I use Vanilla Raw Protein as the “flour” in my cookie dough blend. Unlike most protein powders, this is all natural! There are no hidden sugars or dairy. Raw Protein provides organic sprouted protein and live probiotics and enzymes.
I also replaced the butter with Justin’s classic almond butter. Nut butter contains healthy fats and is also packed with protein.
These easy swaps helped create the most delicious guilt-free chocolate chip cookies!
Paleo Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup Almond Butter
½ cup Raw Honey
2 scoops Protein Powder
1/3 cup GF Oats
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 Bar Paleo Dark Chocolate (I like Green & Blacks Organic Dark Chocolate)
1 tspn Flaked Sea Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the almond butter, egg, honey, oats, and baking soda
4. Roughly chop the dark chocolate
5. Fold the chocolate chunks into the batter
6. Using a spoon or small ice cream scooper, scoop the dough onto a baking sheet
7. Place cookies about 1-2inches apart
8. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt
9. Bake 8-10 minutes
10. After removing from the oven, flatten the cookie tops with the back of a spatula if you prefer a thinner, crunchier cookie