Who doesn’t love a giant, fluffy, pancake? That question is OBVIOUSLYrhetorical because everyone loves pancakes!
I’ve recently been on a quest to find a protein-packed, post-workout breakfast. It’s not easy finding nutrient dense, high protein foods, that won’t break the calorie bank! Also, as I mentioned in my post about Sports Nutrition, we have a 30-minute window to properly refuel after a workout, and maximize results. I love this pancake recipe because not only is it nutrient dense without a ton of calories, but it also is very easy to make/can be made ahead of time so no worries with that 30-minute window.
If you’re looking for a delicious breakfast and the perfect workout recovery meal, look no further than protein pancakes. And let me tell you, there is no better motivation to get through another round of burpees like pancakes!!
Paleo Protein Pancake
3 egg whites
1 scoop protein powder (I use Vega Clean Vanilla)
- With the back of a fork, mash the banana
- Add the egg whites and protein powder and whisk together until combined
- Coat a pan with coconut oil or use a nonstick pan
- On medium low heat, cook the pancake 2-3 minutes. When little bubbles start to form around the edges and the color changes slightly, flip the pancake
- Cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes and serv