This is one of my cold-weather favorites. It tastes creamy and truffle-y (I know that’s not an adjective but it should be)! The best part? This decadent soup takes no more than 15 minutes start-to-finish! I mean really, what’s better than a super healthy recipe that tastes so indulgent?
As the weather gets colder, my social calendar comes to a screeching halt (voluntarily of course). I hate the cold; I’m basically allergic to it. As a result, I stay inside, cook soup, and watch Netflix. Not so bad right?
This soup is perfect for batch cooking. One head of cauliflower goes a long way! This is my go-to Sunday recipe that won’t cock-block my Netflix binging and can still carry me through several lunches at work.
If you’re in a pinch for lunch and dinner, give this super simple recipe a try!
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Half head of cauliflower or 2 packages pre-cut cauliflower
Chicken Stock to cover
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 sprig chopped rosemary
1 sprig thyme
1 tsp truffle oil
*Optional- truffle Marcona almonds (Trader Joe’s_
- Place the cauliflower in a saucepot. Add chicken stock to completely cover the cauliflower
- Bring the chicken stock and cauliflower to a boil
- Boil for 10 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender
- Using a slotted spoon, place the cauliflower in a food processor with salt and pepper, rosemary, and thyme. You will most likely have to do this in batches, depending on the size of your food processor. With each batch of strained cauliflower, add 1 ladle of the chicken stock that the cauliflower was cooked in, into the food processor.
- Puree until it is a creamy soup consistency
- Drizzle with truffle oil and top with truffle Marcona almonds